A few days ago I met with Allie of NUESTRO MEJOR DÍA (“Our Best Day”, a creative design company), I was captivated by her simplicity in her manner and by her professionalism in what she calls her passion of life: Designing invitations. After 2 cups of coffee and multiple anecdotes of both, I decided to ask several questions to know the course of the invitations next 2018, and also so you all know what NUESTRO MEJOR DÍA has to offer. Take note!
WHAT IS THE IMPORTANCE OF INVITATIONS IN A WEDDING?
To attend any event it is important to have basic information: what happens, when, where and at what time. The invitations are the way in which this information is shared with the guests when you decide to make your wedding, so they are very important!
Besides, they are the first experience of your wedding, since they will only live everything else (banquet, decoration, dress, photographs) until the big day.
WHAT WILL BE THE TRENDS IN INVITATIONS FOR 2018?
The natural (textures and materials) will take force, manual details, such as hand-painted invitations, calligraphy and sealing wax. This combined with geometric or metallic elements.
WHAT MAKES NUESTRO MEJOR DÍA DIFFERENT FROM OTHERS?
Our way of approaching projects: being a study of communication and design, our main objective is that the information is received by the guests in a clear manner. That is why we work with each couple from scratch, from knowing their needs, concerns and personality, to develop the best communication channel between them and their guests.
WHAT ARE YOUR 5 TIPS TO CONSIDER FOR THE DESIGN OF AN INVITATION?
First. Have a clear idea of the concept / style of the event, as this defines the way to communicate it.
Second. Have a defined color palette. For this you can support in Only Once, or in Our Best Day.
Third. Define the information they need to share and have complete information: names, addresses, schedules, gift tables.
Fourth. Use Pinterest as a dosed inspiration.
Fifth. The materials used, printing techniques and finishes provide non-textual information, so to choose them, ask! and it’s worth touching!
WHAT ARE THE PROS AND CONS OF THE DIGITAL INVITATIONS?
- They eliminate distances. Either because some guests do not reside in the same city, or because it is difficult to deliver the printed invitations, the digital invitations can be delivered from a smartphone or computer.
- Possibility of complementing the information. They can include the basic information of a printed invitation, and also useful information for guests, such as suggestions for accommodation and transportation recommendations, or tourism tips in the case of destination weddings.
- They facilitate the confirmation of attendance. Confirming the attendance of the guests is one of the basics during the organization of the wedding, and although this service is provided by Only Once, online confirmation of a digital invitation helps to create a first filter of guests who attend or cancel, very useful when making the telephone confirmation.
- Easy to update. In the event that any inconvenience arises, it is easier to communicate by this means than to re-issue the printed invitations.
- They are cheaper, since its cost is indistinct of the number of guests with whom you share it.
- Little personal. The screens eliminate that feeling that you are inviting him personally and that only the link is shared.
- They require an internet connection. Although we have the feeling that we can always be connected at any time and place, it is a fact that 100% can not be trusted in this.
- Short period of life. The information will be lost once the event has passed, neither the couple nor their parents can keep it as a souvenir.
- They are not for everyone. It is a fact that weddings still have valid protocols for the elderly, so many will not be considered guests until they receive the printed invitation, also because many of them are not used to reviewing this information online.
- It is difficult to provide non-textual information through the senses, something that can only be achieved with a printed invitation.
WHAT SERVICES DO WE OFFER NUESTRO MEJOR DÍA?
Share your event and story through Save the date, printed and digital invitations, confirm the attendance of your guests and printed details for the day of the event. Capturing every detail and feeling during the process of organization and the day of the wedding, photography is the means we use to portray these moments. Tell the story of the couple, from the time they met until the day of the wedding, and translate it into the lovbook®, which is a unique document to relive the process and emotions when carrying out the union of their lives. In summary:
- Save the date, printed and digital
- Invitations, printed and digital
- Confirmation of assistance, telephone and digital
Undoubtedly Nuestro Mejor Día is the complete combo for all those couples looking for an integral, professional service and above all dedicated to sharing the Best Day of their lives.